Saturday, September 11, 2010

Istanbul, Sept 11, 2010


Our first full day in Turkey was September 11th, a day we all, Muslim people in Istanbul included, remember well.

In the courtyard of the Blue Mosque, I asked these three women if I could photograph them. As soon as I got the shot, two of them jumped up on either side of me, put there arms around my shoulders, and we posed for the third.

I'll try to post at least one/day while we're in Turkey. If I don't, I'll post 1000 words instead. No. That's a joke.

Regards,

Phil

3 comments:

  1. Where's the shot with you?
    Very interesting day to be in a Muslim country, especially one that is grappling with how Muslim to be. How about a 500 word essay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Aimee; where's the shot with you? What a lovely shot of the women and I look forward to your daily photos and thoughts.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get the shot with me, I'll post it. I gave the women my card with my email address. If I hear from them, I'll send them the photo, and hopefully will get a photo back. The 500 words will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete